Young Money - Centre of Excellence
- to be resilient when faced with financial issues
- to show respect for other peoples personal financial situations
- to display responsibility when handling money and making important financial decisions.
As well as providing children with access to the Young Money curriculum, we enhance this through activities which include:
- completing enterprise projects including designing, making, advertising and selling high-quality products;
- working towards an NCFE qualification in Enterprise and Employability in Year 6 where children learn about real skills to get a job and even create CVs and brush up on interview techniques;
- taking part in whole school activities such as our summer fayre, careers week and incredible Christmas fayre. This year, classes have visited local Christmas markets, created a jingle live on the radio and found out about different products and enterprising ideas to make money to put towards some new playground equipment.
Last year, we even met HRH Princess Eugenie who came to visit and find out about all of the hard work we have completed around the Young Money curriculum and enterprising activities.
Have a look at the class blogs for further details about how each class is working on their understanding of Enterprise and the Young Money curriculum.
We are currently in the process of being re-accredited as a Centre of Excellence school for a further 3 years.