Tyneview Primary School
Leadership scale L8 to L12 (£47,501 - £52,414)
Permanent, To start September 2019
We are seeking a new Deputy Headteacher (with SENCO responsibility) for Tyneview Primary School following our current Deputy Headteacher taking up a Headship. This is an opportunity to join our leadership team, as we build on positive results. In our last inspection, the school was judged as Good and our pupils made well above average progress at KS1-2 last year. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of young people and our communities, whilst our school motto is ‘maximising potential’.
We are looking for a leader with personal drive to work closely with the Headteacher and who:
- Demands ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils to overcome disadvantage and advance equality with demonstrable experience teaching in primary to improve pupil outcomes;
- Is able to translate school improvement priorities into practical actions which support and empower pupils and staff to succeed;
- Has experience of monitoring and evaluating teaching/learning, analysing data and target setting;
- Supports a culture of self-evaluation and has demonstrated commitment, engagement and involvement in the school development planning process;
- Is a team leader who effectively manages their own behaviour and relationships with others to provide appropriate support and challenge;
- Models good practice and leads by example with integrity, positivity, creativity, resilience and clarity and with experience developing and coaching colleagues.
The successful candidate will act as SENCO therefore must:
- Hold or be willing to work towards Master’s-level National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
In return we offer: a supportive Headteacher and local governing committee; the benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust aiming to provide a seamless education from 2-19; determined and engaging children and excellent personal career development.
Interested in applying? We welcome visits to the school on 25 or 26 April. Please call us to arrange a convenient time on 0191 2626227. A completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form must be submitted to the NEAT Central Office to email@example.com by 12 noon on Thursday 2 May. The assessments will take place on 23 May.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is essential that all our staff and volunteers share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all posts.